We’ve just added a new fantasy novel to our YA collection:
Dreamers versus Nightmares, by Ted Tiller
“After an archeological find unleashes an evil the world has not seen in five
thousand years, two teenage boys gain the power to control dreams and nightmares
using magical creatures and ancient gods and goddesses.”
A little Bio about Ted:
About the Author
Ted Tiller is a young writer who lives in Nassau County, New York with his mother and brother. Ted is sensitive to patient safety issues because of his own personal experience in the healthcare system. Ted was diagnosed in September 2010 with Mitochondrial Disease (part of the muscular dystrophy family of diseases). This condition has resulted in many challenges for Ted including extreme fatigue and confinement to a wheelchair. Ted Tiller, Author and Poet / email: firstname.lastname@example.org / website: www.ted-tiller.blogspot.com. For more information on Mitochondrial Disease visit: www.umdf.org.
All proceeds from this first book in the “Dreamland” series to benefit PULSE of New York, a grassroots, nonprofit, 501(c)3 organization working to improve patient safety and reduce the rate of medical errors.
Ted was a very active member of the Syosset Library’s Teen Advisory Board when he was a student at Syosset High School. He helped organize our first Open Mic Night at the library and each year, he would read his creative writing aloud.
We are very happy to have Ted’s book cataloged at the Syosset Public Library and strongly urge any of our young fans of fantasy (similar mythology as in the Percy Jackson series) to check it out! Congratulations, Ted!
Teen Services Librarian
Registration is open for our college preparation series of programs!
Get ready for college with the following key programs:
- CONQUERING STANDARDIZED TESTS with Barbara Becker.
Learn SAT and ACT test taking strategies. Overwhelmed with test
anxiety? Take charge and learn optimal strategies for test-taking and studying with a family-team approach. Appropriate for all teens and parents. Free. Monday, September 9. 7:30–8:30 PM.
- COLLEGE ESSAYS with Randy Levin. Learn in a detailed description The Top Five Mistakes Students Make On their College Application Essays. Monday, September 16. 7-8:00 PM.
- ARE YOU SMARTER THAN AN 11TH GRADER? with Bob Axelrod of SCOREBUILDERS. Parents and children will enjoy teaming-up while learning the techniques and know-how to solve the more challenging math and verbal problems to achieve an SAT top score. Monday, Sept. 30. 7–8:30 PM.
- SELECTING AND GETTING INTO COLLEGE with Michael Binder. Seniors: there is still time to benefit from this workshop! Step inside the admissions office. Timely information about choosing the best college for you. For parents and all teens. Monday, October 7. 7-8:30 PM.
- COLLEGE FINANCING with Barry Fox. Learn the ins and outs of paying for your children’s college education. Monday, October 21. 7–8:30 PM.
- BILINGUAL COLLEGE PREP presented by Chyten of Syosset. Learn how to navigate the high school years and prepare for college. Program also available in Mandarin and Korean. Sunday, October 27. 1 – 2:30 PM.
Teen program registration can be done using Online Program Registration, in person at TeenSpace or the Reference Desk, by phone (ext.242), or email at email@example.com.
Teen Services Librarian